Become a part of the solution to the pandemic and suffering caused by AIDS. Donate HERE today!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

In Case You Weren't Lucky Enough to Get an Email...

Here's the plan and what you missed:

Hello!

As you may know, it's been a crazy year.  For the last several months, in addition to recovering from surgery and attending to lawyer business, I have been training for the AIDS LifeCycle, a 545 mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles.  "What does this mean?" you ask.  Well, for starters, it means that most weekends I spend at least 6 hours a day on my saddle.  It means that I have already ridden in an official half and full century and that in two weeks I will ride a double century-- back to back days of 100 miles a piece.  It means that I have met hundreds of cyclists, learned to clean my chains and change a tire (sort of), and had a blast.  But most importantly, it means that I have used this as an opportunity to raise funds for the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center, one of the largest direct service providers to people living with HIV/AIDS in the state of California.  The Center provides free HIV testing, preventative education, and medication for those who are sick.  It provides primary care and mental health counseling for those who need it.  The Center has literally saved thousands of lives and is in need of crucial funds in order to continue its fantastic work.

I set out in October with the goal of raising $10,000 for the Center!!  With 48 days left, we have collectively raised $4,138.00.  However, this means that we still need to raise $5862.  And unfortunately, the only thing I have left to give is my body (unless you also have an item you want to auction off...).  So here is the deal...

My friend, Ariana, gave me an idea...I am selling my body for charity.  In exchange for a donation on my behalf to the Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center between now and May 15th, I will write your name on my body during the AIDS Ride for the whole world to see... and provide photos for proof. 

$25 gets your name on my leg for a day
$40 gets your name on my leg for 2 days
$75 gets your name on my leg for the week
$150 gets your name on my arm for 2 days
$250 gets your name on my arm for the week
$500-- name the body part and the phrase and it will be there, for the week

Every penny counts, so please make a donation of any amount today.  If you can't afford to make a large donation at this time, please consider signing up to make payments... $5 might not seem like much, but $5 a month for 10 months is $50-- and that is enough to change someone's life.

Thanks so much for all of your support!  Donate today!
Autumn Visser

No comments:

Post a Comment