Become a part of the solution to the pandemic and suffering caused by AIDS. Donate HERE today!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The New Friday Night: Carbo Loading

What does it say about me that I got really excited around 10am this morning when I realized that tomorrow night I get to eat pasta, pasta and pasta?  I mean, there are a lot of really positive things about riding bikes, but eating whatever you want for 2 days a week has got to be one of the best things ever.

I don't see myself as someone who "battles" with food or anything, but over the past 12-18 months I've definitely put on the pounds.  I was sick and/or laid up half of last year and the rest of the time I was depressed about the other half.  Add to that the first 2 stressful years of being a lawyer and, well, you probably see what I'm saying. 

I'm going to throw this out there: I'm going Jennifer Hudson style on the Weight Watchers.  So everything is about points and figuring out how to get the most bang for your buck (I'll tell you this, it is not soup and salad combo at Red Robin.  oops!).  I figured out today that 3 hours of biking at more than 12 mph gives you 42 POINTS!  That's an entire days worth of food! Whoo Hoo! haha.

So anyway, I'm excited that my Friday night involves carbs and Saturday involves climbs.  And then I'll carb some more on Saturday night and Sunday I'll climb a few more hills.  Welcome to the next 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment